Thursday, June 10, 2010

Getting Back Into It

Today was a day to start over. Start eating better and getting back on the daily exercise routine. I did some of this, so I consider that a good day.

I had a small breakfast, a busy day at work that didn't include my small meals in b/w breakfast, lunch and dinner, but my meals were overall very healthy. Sea bass from PF Changs was incredible as usual for lunch and the lite plate at Chuy's is hard to beat as well. It's the damn chips and margaritas that I can't say no to.

I did tell Natalie she would be able to scold me if she caught me with a beer. I have decided to give up beer for a few months while I get back into this. I am only cleared to drink at Mexican food places and parties that she approves.

I did have a huge exercise portion today, especially compared to what I have been doing lately, but with the triathlon coming up in a month, I have no choice. I ran outside the gym and then had a nice half hour swim. I will be feeling it tomorrow, but a long walk with Laura tonight while my in-laws put the kids to bed finished off the day with a bang.

I am starting to get back on track, and can't wait to get back to the a year ago when exercising was fun again. I am still at the point where it is necessary, a pain in the rear but something I feel better doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment