Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I'm Back

Well, I took a few months off, and decided to start the blog again to add motivation for my training as well as continue to help get the word out about changing your lifestyle.

It's been a crazy 6 months. Most of my time during the week has been working and playing with my crazy kids. Needless to say, that hasn't left any time to workout for myself or Laura. We have been so exhausted by bedtime that we can't workout at night, and we both have issues getting up early in the morning, so our workouts have been lacking.

I was slapped in the face this year when the CapTex Tri rolled around and I realized that one year ago I was able to complete the Olympic Distance in that race and I now was exhausted after running 3 miles. So, we are back to being motivated and back in the business of training for some upcoming events.

My buddy has signed me up for the Couples Triathlon in Austin in a few weeks, so that will really tell me how far I need to go. I am still looking down the road and wanting to find another Olympic Distance race before the end of the season. I have also signed up for an exciting Tough Mudder race in Dallas. This course was desingned by ex-Navy Seals and ex-British Special Forces. Should be tons of fun, and it's all about the team you are racing with.

As of today, I am trying to focus on getting my running back to a place I am happy, and I also need to start eating properly and try to drop about 20lbs before the end of the summer. I slipped and put back on about 15lbs of the weight I had lost, but I am ok with that as long as it doesn't get any more than that.

That's it for now, we will talk about improving food again later, just wanted to get started again.

No comments:

Post a Comment